Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Baby!





Here he is! Micah Aaron Tanoai Reed. He was born Oct 27,2010. I went to the doctor on the 24th and was only 1 cm and 80%. I came home called my friend and we went for a walk. I had a few contractions, but nothing big. We had dinner and was having them off and on, so I wanted to go to the mall so we could walk. We walked around about 4 times. They were closing so we headed home. But while we were there my contractions started being kinda regular. When we got home I started doing dishes and finishing the laundry I started earlier . My contractions were coming but one would be good and the next was a teaser. It was about 11pm when I finally got to sit down. I got Zayne to sleep and we went to bed. Dewey downloaded a contraction counter on his phone and I laid in bed and my contractions had started coming more regular. By 3:45 I got hungry so I got up and ate 2 stuffed shells, Yum, then went back to bed. I was about 6.5 min apart then after about 45 min of 5.5 min apart I got upto brush my teeth and it jumped to 2.5 min apart. And it was really time to leave. It takes 25 min to get to the hospital. I thought I could feel pressure, then on the way I really could feel him. We got to the ER and I couldn't walk in, after pushing ghte assistance button 4 times, and no one coming to assist, I walk in holding on to Dewey, and OB was just barely calling ER to let them know I was on my way. I had called at least 10 min before to say we were on our way in. I finally got a wheel chair to take me up and when I got up stairs I was at 9 cm. Dewey had to run downstairs to move the car. While he was gone my water broke. No Husband and No Doctor! Dewey made it back in time and the ER doctor showed up. My Doctor still on her way. I didn't have even push him he came out all on his own. My body pushed for me. Its amazing how a womans body works. And Micah was here. Without any help from the doctor. He just stood there. Micah basically ncame out on the bed. Then he took care of the cord and Dewey got to cut it. About 10 -15 min after he was born, Dr. Tio made it in. She got to finish me up. I cut really it really close not realizing. It was an easy labor. I had the birth I wanted. I labored at home and delivered natural. What a great experience.

6 comments:

Corinne Marie said...

Yay! Baby pictures. So cute. I can't wait to see more.

Rocky and Sherry said...

So sweet! I enjoyed my Ama days with you guys, Love those grandchildren!!
Micah is a doll.

Lindsay said...

I still cannot believe how everything happened! I'm glad it went the way you wanted. He is precious.

Neil said...

Congratulations! It is so great that you have another wonderful baby in your family. What great blessings you have!

Vanessa said...

I don't think you mentioned how big he was??

Wow..that is a great story. Your body is deffinatly made for having babies. Love the name too.

More pics, lots and lots of pics.

Congrats guys he's a cutie!!

Love Vanessa

Diana said...

Congratulations!!! So Sweet! Glad everything went well.